Which gaskets and shaft seal go with Century B229SE motor replacement

I am looking to replace a Century B229SE motor. Found it in the shop, but can‘t figure out what other parts correspond to it that I need to replace? If the gaskets and shaft need to be replaced, which ones do I need?

Also, is there a more energy efficient motor that I could use to replace the Century B22SE with that would go with the existing Hayward 6050 pump?
(Model C48D62A04)

Sorry, I‘m new to this and this is all so overwhelming. Help is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!

We are happy to help!

Can you attach some pictures of the pump? We want to be sure we recommend exactly what you need. There may be other more energy-efficient options for that motor but we need to be sure it will work for the application.

Thank you for the picture! It looks like you have a Hayward 6060 Booster pump, so the B229SE motor you referenced will not work at all on that pump. The original Hayward Booster Pump Motor 1 HP (1.25 SF) Square Flange, 48Y Frame, - SPX2707Z1M or the Century (A.O. Smith) .75 HP Full Rate Energy Efficient Motor, Square Flange 48Y Frame, Single Speed - Model QC1072 would both work, but the QC1072 is a bit more efficient (it will use about 100 less watts when operating than the original Hayward motor). Yes, the horsepower on those motors are both virtually identical in spite of the description. See our article on Are All Motors Created Equal? for an explanation of the total horsepower of motors.

We would recommend replacing the volute gasket as well as the motor shaft seal. Be sure to use a little lubricant on the volute gasket to help it stay sealed up for a long time. This guide on replacing a pump motor is not your exact pump but the process is very similar.

Not sure why you say the B229SE would not work, because that is what I‘ve had for 3 years. Infant to upgrade to a more energy efficient motor, without having to change the whole pump. So that is what I am looking for.

I’m terribly sorry about that! I was looking at the earlier picture you posted of the Hayward 6060 pump which uses a 48Y frame motor; the B229SE is a Y56J frame motor.

The seals are specific to the pump, so please let us know what model pump the motor is attaching to so we are sure to recommend exactly what you need. That will also help us check to see if a more energy-efficient motor might be available as well.

The pump motor connects to is Hayward SP2610X15.

Sorry about that. The 6060 is the booster pump.

Perfect - thank you! Your Hayward Super Pump would use this GOKIT3 seal kit or, for a saltwater pool, we would recommend the GOKIT3SALT tune-up kit.

I know this motor has a higher up-front cost, but you can’t beat the Century (A.O. Smith) V-Green EVO 1.65 HP Variable Speed - Model EVC165 motor for efficiency. Depending upon your pump on-time, these motors can easily pay for themselves over their lifetime. Check out our article on How to Save Money Using a Variable Speed Motor for helpful tips.