USQ1102 - What Shaft Seal Do I need


My Pool Pump is leaking water I think I need to replace the shaft seal.

I have a AO Smith Pool Pump USQ1102 but I am not sure what seal I need the coupling clamp is a R.G. Ray 10120

IDK where to find the housing details without taking apart the pump

I was hoping someone could tell me the part number I need for the shaft seal replacement so I can purchase the correct replacement part


The USQ1102 is used on several pool pumps. The shaft seal will depend on the pump. Send us a couple pictures of the complete pump so that we can identify the model. At that point, we can recommend the shaft seal.

Great pictures! It looks like you have the Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II. That pump has used two different shaft seals. Until October of 1997, part number 5250-102 was used. If there is a copper cone in your seal plate, you’ll need the pre-October 1997 seal.

Since October of 1997, part number 5057-07 has been used. You would use this seal if there is no copper cone in the seal plate.

You can view all of the available items on our Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II and Max-E-Glas II parts page.

Thank You

You’re welcome. Good luck!