Spa not holding water when pump is off

I already replaced the check valve that is located in ground right before the in floor pop up cleaners. What else could cause water to drop in spa?

It could be a leak (let’s hope not), but a draining spillover spa is generally caused by a clogged, jammed, or defective check valve. This guide will show you how to troubleshoot and repair a check valve flapper assembly.

Sometimes they look perfectly fine, but a visual inspection may not be good enough. You may need to take the check valve(s) apart to be sure there isn’t a damaged seal or broken hinge on the flapper that seals it up. Head here to see our available check valve replacement parts.

Thanks for your response. I already replaced the check valve cover. I opened it several times and rechecked it. Unless there is something wrong inside with the plastic housing, I don’t know. Maybe the flapper is not sitting flush when the cover is on. Perhaps the entire housing should be replaced? Is there a way to tell when the cover is on that the entire housing should be replaced?
It doesn’t look like there is an option for me to attach pics.