SNS error on Raypak pool heater

I tested my Raypak pool heater a few weeks ago and it started fine.  I only ran it for about 5 minutes to make sure it was working for the season.  I tried to start it again yesterday and I’m receiving an “SNS” error on the dsplay screen.  Do I need to replce the Temperature Sensor (Part no. 009577F)?

I had removed this sensor from the heater before getting the system to run a few weeks ago, because the housing it’s inserted into (Part no. 006714F) was leaking pool water.  But as stated above, after reinserting and tightening, the heater ran for me.

Thanks! Matt

Hi Matthew5,

I would first try the troubleshooting steps I have listed below. Based on what you stated in your post it sounds like item #4 would be the highest likelihood. If none of these items work then yes I would suggest replacing your temperature sensor with this Raypak Temperature Sensor Part # 009577F

Raypak SNS Fault Code Troubleshooting Steps

1. Water temperature is below 36F or above 110F
  2. If the two thermistors are more than 2 degrees apart, the SNS code will appear.
  3. Loose or corroded connection at P1.
  4. If the sensor is not mounted all the way into the JACO fitting on the header, it may give a false reading.

Check out our complete offering of pool parts.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com