Replacement variable speed motor for Marathon 5KCR39SN2823AX

Hi,   In a post from Nov 13 2016 a single spped relacement for the Marathon 5KCR39SN2823AX was recommended (see below for start of that post).  Can I replace with a variable of dual / triple speed pump and can you recommend the right one please?   Many thanks   Geoff     Original post form 13 11 2016 -   SteveP1 posted this 13 November 2016

Hi - Would you please provide recommendations for the following pump?  Thanks very much!

Marathon 5KCR39SN2823AX

Hello GeoffinFL - You can replace your current single speed motor with a variable speed option. The replacement for your Marathon 5KCR39SN2823AX would be model ECM16CU. The ECM16CU is a 1.65HP variable speed motor.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for the information.  I have a man who can install for me (definately the best idea) and he is thinking more of a combined motor / pump (is that the same as an impeller?).  Could you recommend an integrated replacement please?  My current motor is attached to a Jacuuzzi impeller as I see it.

Thanks in Advance.

Geoff

Hello Geoff,

I am assuming that the suggestion of a combined motor/pump means that he is recommending a complete pump, front to back. If you have additional information on what pump you currently have, I would be more than happy to show you compatible pumps.

Hi Alan,

The motor is the model mentioned above (a Marathon 5KCR39SN2823AX) and the only identification I can see on the pump / impeller is “Jacuzzi Magnum Force”.  Any information on a variable, programmable, integrated replacement if there is such a thing gratefully received.

Thanks

Geoff

Thank you for the additional information, Geoff. The Magnum Force V Series 1.65HP Variable Speed Pump (15VMF-S)  would be the recommended variable speed replacement pump. You can click on the link to view the current pricing.