Replacement of Hayward SP2602VSP Pool Pump

Hi,
I recently converted to salt and looking for a good replacement for this pump.

What do you recommend?

I’d be glad to assist you. Your SP2602VSP will work with a salt water pool. Did your existing pump die? If so, I can recommend some replacements.

My recommendations may depend on if you have an automation system. Do you have a central system that controls your pump, heater, lights, etc.?

Existing pump keeps overheating. Rebuilt it last year, that did not help. No controls

Here are my recommendations.

Hayward TriStar 1.85HP W3SP3202VSP - This is the pump on my pool. I’ve had it since 2019 and I have no complaints. It was easy to program. It’s very quiet when it’s not running at max speed.

Pentair SuperFlo EC-342001 - This is our top selling 1.5HP variable speed pump. A lot of customers have switched to this pump because it is a drop-in replacement for the Hayward Super Pump. It is extremely rare to hear about any issues with this model.

Pureline Rapids 1.5HP PL2515 - This is a budget-friendly option. We’ve sold these for a couple of years. I can tell you that the return rate of this is comparable to the Hayward and Pentair (very low).