Pool pump motor replacement

Hi Folks,

Our pool pump is starting to squeel and needs replacement.  I have not replaced this motor before and am new to pool problems.  Problem is the label is very rusted and I can only see it is a 1 HP with an SF of 1.25.  I believe it is Stay Rite pump and I think I need a USQ 1102.  I can send you a close up of the label on the motor but it is almost impossible to read.  Does this motor sound right to you?

Thanks

Terry333

Hello Terry - Could you post a picture of the motor label and a picture of the complete pump? That will help us identify the correct pool pump motor.

These are the pictures we received from Terry.

It looks like you have the Sta-Rite Dura-Glas pool pump. Knowing that you have a 1Hp and the service factor is 1.25, you have a couple motor options. You could go with the 1Hp standard efficiency model USQ1102. The more energy efficient option is the UQC1102. The UQC1102 has a run capacitor and will cut the energy consumption by 20%.

We recommend replacing the seals when you replace the motor. The seal kit for Dura-Glas pumps manufactured since 1998 is GOKIT54. That kit will also work on the older models if you remove the copper cone from the seal plate.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help!  Can you send us a UQC1102 and a GOKIT54.  We also need a strainer basket for the pump.

Terry333

You’re welcome! You can click on the links below and then add the items to your shopping cart.

UQC1102 Motor
GOKIT54
B106 Basket