Pool motor governor makes clicking noise when shut pool motor off

Hello, i did a go kit repair on a rs 1000 1hp pool motor with the seals being replaced due to it leaking water and it runs off 230 volt. After I did the seal replacements and put everything back together, it has good flow, no leaks and bogs down a little at start up and then picks up to speed quickly as it normally does and then runs strong. However, when i shut the motor off if makes 3-4 clicking noises from the governor area. Could you tell me why and what is causing this and how to fix or what i need to replace. Thank you

Hi Winbur,

Did you replace your motor or impeller when you did the repair? Most often this sound occurs for one of two reasons…

Reason 1 - The replacement motor is under powered for the impeller (i.e. you replaced the motor with too small of a HP of motor or you replaced the impeller with too large of a HP of an Impeller)

Reason #2 - The motor is wired for the wrong voltage (i.e. you have 230V incoming power and the switch on the motor is set to 115V)

We put together a good Video On My Pool Motor is Clicking which covers the most common issues and should be helpful.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com