Polaris Pool Cleaner Pump Motor

The pump motor for this is a an A.O. Smith Century 1081.  It had been working fine but now after a short time it trips the breaker.  Run Capacitor maybe? Does this have a separate start and run capacitor?  Which is the right one I need and price? Is this under the hump? Thanks.

Hi barrylipsky,

Here is the Polaris Booster Pump Start Capacitor this motor only has a start capacitor and not a run capacitor and the start capacitor is located under the hump.

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

Thank you so much.  So if there isn’t a run capacitor its then unlikely the start capacitor is causing my problem?   It seems to run fine from minutes to hours but then at some point it pops the breaker.  Any idea what it could be then?

Thanks so much.

Kind regards,

Barry

Hi Barry,

I have seen where the breaker itself has gone bad so you might try replacing that as a first troubleshooting step. I normally suggest replacing the entire motor vs. repairing as the complete motors… in my oppinion the complete motor is a good value at $179. Here is a link to the complete Polaris Booster Pump Replacement Motor a lot of times when you get into trying to repair the motor the initial part you to try to fix does not do the the job and you end up spending as much money as the complete brand new motor.

Thanks Patrick.  Let me try the breaker first. I plan to  put the house on the market soon so trying to spend as little as need to!

Thanks Barry keep us posted. If the breaker does not work then I can ask our motor sales rep. for additional troubleshooting options.