New pool and new owner

Hi all, new pool owner here and trying to plumb my equipment. Been getting a lot of different repsonses from pool experts regarding my plumbing and wanted to ask here. I am having a pool installed in a few weeks and they are only installing the pool, not the equipment. It will be a 15x30 above ground chlorine pool. My questions is in regards to valaves needed for the pool plumbing. One equipment installer refuses to add a bypass valve on my Hayward heat pump and he insisted there is no need for one. After reading Hayward recommends one and I will install and plumb myself but are there any other valves, bypasses, cutoff’s etc. that will be needed? My setup willl be a 110k BTU Hayward heat pump, a Pentaid cartridge filter and a Hayward VS pump. Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I’m not sure why they would not want to run a by-pass valve? I would suggest a check valve between the chlorinator and heat pump so you don’t get any backflow of chlorine into the heater.

No chlorinator.  Should I put a check valve anyway? How about check valve before pump? Any shutoff valves any where?

Hi,

Here is a typical installation with the by-pass valve. You may want to consider a check valve on the inlet side of the pump to help with priming the pump as water will stay in the pump basket for the next time starting up the pump making priming easier.