New liner, freshly filled, water is green

Not really a question, I guess, because it seems to be resolved, but… we got our new liner installed this week, and filled it with city water. The water had a distinctly green tint. Pool guy said our town’s water probably was high in phosphates, but it wasn’t cloudy at all. I tested the chemistry last night, and chlorine and calcium hardness were low (didn’t have any phosphate test strips). I added some bleach and some hardness increaser, this morning the water was nice and clear, no hint of green. So I’m just curious about what I was seeing initially and why it cleared up. Any ideas?

It is disconcerting, but perfectly normal for your city water to appear green in a freshly-filled pool. It’s just the metals in the water that you otherwise don’t see when you fill your drinking glass from the tap.

The Bobby Hose Filters do a great job at filtering out unwanted metals from your tap water. You should have no issues as time goes by, but you might want to use one for the next refill to avoid any surprises.