Need help finding spider gasket size

Hi,

There is water that is leaking out of my discharge pipe. It just drips when the filter is not running, but there is more of a leak when the filter’s going. I think I have to replace the spider gasket, but I’m not sure what size to get.

The filter is from like the 1970s and says Americana Multiport Valve. I couldn’t find a model number or serial number anywhere, but it did have a patent number; 3640310. The valve is to the side of a filter (that says it’s an Airquatic 66VX2FR, high capacity sand filter), and the pressure gauge is on top of the filter. The connection pipes are 2". I looked around on online to see what looked the most like my filter, but I couldn’t find any exact matches, probably because it’s so old. Do I have to get a specific gasket or are they universal just by brand? At first, I thought it might be a Hayward s200 or s240, but that pressure gauge is on the filter. Now I think it might be a Pentair Triton or maybe a Pac Fab filter, but I’m not sure what the model number would be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Satchel,

Thanks for the photos those are great! I beleive you have this American Products Multiport Valve and I would suggest the tune up kit at the top of the page, please note there is a kit for Pre 1976 or Post 1976 so you will need to purchase accordingly. If you click into key #14 you can purchase the spider gasket by itself and you can see the difference in the spider gasket from Pre 1976 and Post 1976 and I have also listed those photos below.

Pre 1976 Americana Spider Gasket

Post 1976 Americana Spider Gasket

thank you so much!

You’re welcome! Please let us know how it turns out.