Finding and repairing a leak in inground Vinyl Pool

I have been trying to find and repair a leak in my inground vinyl pool since March. I went in with red dye in a squirt bottle and checked all of the seams. I gave up and just turned the system off on Mar 15, 2019. I decided to just let the water leak out until it found the level of the leak. This ended up about at the skimmer, I thought. I decided to replace the gaskerts around the skimmer. There is no name on the skimmer and it took a few days to actually determine it was a Hayward SP1084 skimmer. Then it took another week to get the gasket shipped. I ended up getting another set from another company. Now I have an extra set of gaskets.

On April 12th I noticed the water starting to turn pastel lime. I was stuck now. I took apart the skimmer and while waiting for the new gaskets the water started turning into pond water complete with mosquitos. I had to go out and skim the pond sludge and mosquitos off every moring. i put 4 chlorine tabs in a bucket and suspended it over the center of the pond.After a few days I didn’t find any more mosquitos.

I received my first set of gaskets on April 20th and installed them. I filled the pool and started the system only to find that my salt system was not working.

It took two days to get the pool clean and not green. I added FIX-A-LEAK and it seems to have slowed down the leaks. I am going to buy an additional quart of FIX-ALEAK and see if that will complete the job.

Now I am researching salt systems since they no longer make the JANDY AQUAPURE SYSTEM or REPAIR PARTS.