Brand new 115v pool pump overheating - wiring question

I had a 1 - 2 yr old pool pump die on me a week ago.  I took it to a local electric motor shop and they told me the windings were bad so they sold me a new 230v/115v pool pump  and installed the impeller assembly for me.  I installed the pump at home - black to the L1, white to L2 and green to ground screw.  I’m getting regular overheating… at first it was after 45 minutes of run time but the other day it ran for a couple hours before shutting off.  I’ve double checked my wiring and everything seems fine there.  I can’t figure out how to check voltage at my pump to confirm that I have the hot/neutral wires setup properly but I’m pretty sure this is how it was on the old motor I uninstalled (which was installed by a local pool company).

What happens if my black and white are switched and hot goes to L2 instead of L1?

I’m getting concerned that this pump is going to overheat and I’m going to end up with another dead pump in a year.  Any tips?

I’m setup for 115v and I know I don’t have two hot wires to run 230v (switching to 230v makes the pump run at a trickle).

My pump is outdoors… is it possible that this is just overheating due to direct sunlight?  I don’t feel like that was ever an issue for me before.

Get a multi meter and check for voltage at the supply to the pump. Then measure the voltage when the pump is running. If the voltage drops more than a few volts the wires feeding the pump supply may be to small for the current draw of the pump. This could also be the reason your first pump only lasted 2 years. How far is the pump for the service (panel box). And what size (hp) is the pump motor? Also make sure the pump motor they sold you is wired for 115v. If you determine that the wires feeding the pump is undersized an option would be to switch to 230v. Unless you need 115v for something else a 230v. pump can operate on the same 2 wires and only requires half the amperage of a 115v pump. This would also require switching from a single pole to a 2 pole circuit breaker at the service panel.