2-speed to variable speed upgrade

Hi.  My Hayward Tristar Model SP32102EE 2-speed pump motor is fried and I want to replace it with a variable displacement model.  I would like to be able to replace just the motor (tag says Emerson SP3210Z2BER) so I don’t have to redo any plumbing.  I have a 20,000 gallon salt water pool (in-ground) and spa with an Aqualink RS8 control system, Hayward DE 6020 filter, and Hayward Aqua Rite Chlorine generator.  It looks like the Century ECM27SQU motor would replace the current one?  I would also like to remote mount the control so I don’t have to climb thru my current pipe jungle to access it.  Another concern is will my Aqualink system interface with the new pump in any way?  I am wondering if I will still be able to control the pump from the spa?  Currently it can turn the pump on/off.  I control a separate booster pump from there also.  What about heating; especially after turning the heater off and needing the pump to continue running for cool down?  What is my best solution?  Thanks.

Hello Confused - The ECM27SQU would be a great variable speed option for your Hayward Tri-Star SP32102EE. The Aqualink can turn the V-Green on/off. If you want more control capability, you’ll need the V-Green Automation Adapter Kit.

The heater can be connected to the V-Green motor and programmed to be turned off before pump turns off. You can do this through the auxiliary load setup.