replacement pool filter motor

Hello alan0829,

When trying to remove the impeller screw please remember it is reverse threaded, so you will need to turn right to loosen it from the motor shaft. If you have tried but it still will not come loose, then you will most likely need to drill out the screw. Here is a parts list link for the Pentair / Purex Whisperflo Parts list that will include a replacement impeller, motor, and seal kit available for your pump. Let us know if we can help further. Thank you for the question!

Inyo Alan

I have to replace our Hayward Northstar pump by AO Smith - century centurion 1081

sp1610-z-1-mnsc, part 7 187630-02

FR N56J

TYPE CX

HP 1.5

SF 1.25

CODE G

RPM 3450

VOLTS 208-230/115

HZ 60

AMPS SF 8.5-7.8/15.6

WHICH PUMP MOTOR WOULD I REPLACE THIS WITH AND WITH WHICH ACCESORIES?

J

Hi rxchandler,

You would require this USN1152 Hayward Northstar Replacement Motor Do you know if your pump was manufactured before or after 2003 as this will affect which accessories you require?

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

PATRICK,

IT WOULD HAVE TO BE AFTER 2003 BC WE DIDN’T MOVE TO OUR HOUSE UNTIL 2005 AND IT WAS AFTER WE BUILT THE POOL.

J

Hi Rxchandler,

Here is the Shaft Seal Required for Northstar Pumps Between 2003 - 2007 and if your pump is from 2007 and later then you will require the Hayward Northstar 1.5 HP UpGrade Kit Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Patrick

PATRICK,

WHY DOES IT NEED AN UPGRADE KIT WITH IMPELLER?

j

I have a small, in-gound odd shaped pool with a waterfall. We currently have a dual speed motor which, according to the company that maintains the pool, stops running during the day because a heat sensor (?) is causing the shut down. They are recommending a variable speed motor for $1400 or a dual speed for $585. We are elderly, on social security, and, from reading your blog and comments, I feel a  variable speed is over-kill for our needs. Your thoughts?

Hi Jimrey24,

Thanks for the post! The main benefit to going variable speed is going to be the energy savings. What part of the country do you live in? Some areas have really expensive power so a variable speed pool pump is a good option. Also do you keep your pool open all year? If so then a variable speed pump is a good option. The price of $1400 seems quite high to me. I really like our 1.65 HP PureLine Prime Variable Speed Pump for $599 this is a great pump as it has a very reliable motor in the Century Vgreen motor. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank You

Patrick

Hi-

I have a Hayward PowerFlo Matrix 1810 Above Ground Pool Filter and Pump. The pump on/off switch stopped working. Can I buy just the switch for the motor? The info on the pump is:  AO Smith SP-1510-Z1-XEHC PN 0-196035-01 SN OK05   1HP, SF.100 CODE H,  RPM 3450, FR P48Y, Type SP, 115 V, 60hz, Class B, PH1, Encl DP, 13.8 amps.  If not what about buying just the motor. If I need to buy the motor what else would we need to change it out?

Hi Ladywebb,

Yes here you can view or purchase the On/Off Switch for SP-1510-Z1-XEHC PN 0-196035-01 Motor

Thank You

Patrick

www.inyopools.com

I need a replacement pump for my Hayward C48L2N134B1 1.5HP.  A couple of questions:

I want a replacement that is just as good as the orginal or better.

Can I switch to 2HP?

Can I switch to 2 Speed

What do I need to order if I want to replace the bearings, etc. in my current pump so that I can use it as a replacement in the future?

It appears from what I read that the “Up-Rated” pumps are not better and that there quality is lower.  Is this correct?

Hi StevenT,

The UST1152 Replacement Motor would be the same motor as your original replacement motor made by the same manufacturer.

You could upgrade to 2 HP but we would need the specs. off of your filter to make sure your filter can handle the output of the 2 HP motor, we would also suggest that you have 2" plumbing. If you switched to 2 HP you would also need to replace your 1.5 HP impeller with a 2 HP impeller.

You can switch to a 2-speed motor and you would require the B2977T 1.5 HP Digital Dual Speed Motor.

We would need to know the symptoms of your old motor to be able to suggest replacement parts. Is it squealing? Is it humming? Is shaft frozen?

The uprated and full rated pump are of the same quality they just use a different HP rating system meaning that a 1 HP Full Rate Motor is normally equivalent in power to a 1.5 Up Rated motor.

Finally we would need to know the make and model of your pump to suggest the proper seal kit. Do you have a Hayward Super Pump?

Hello,

I have a 10 year old 2HP Hayward SP4020NS pump that ran my 8-person spa (attached to pool via waterfall), and it had great strength for awesome jets, etc., but the motor gave out.  I thought I would like to replace the whole pump given the age.  I had my pool guy do it, and he put in a replacement that is weak and worthless.  A much smaller form factor pump, that although it is a 2 HP, cannot do what my past Hayward pump could do.  The spa is just hot water without strong jets.  I need a replacement as strong and effectve as the old one.  I was looking at the Hayward SP3015X20AZ Super II 2 HP.  Will I be satisfied with the power of this pump, or should I go bigger?  Please advise/recommend. Thanks.

Hello Devin - The Northstar pumps were designed to move a lot of water. If you want a similar model, we recommend the Hayward Tristar SP3220EE. This is a 2HP energy efficient full rated pump.

Thanks.  This pump still looks small compared to my currnet pump.  The wet side is much smaller.  Will it kick out the same pressure/water volume to my spa?  Does it have similar stats?

The Tri-Star SP3220EE will have the same output as your current Northstar SP4020NS. Check out the charts below. I highlighted the models we discussed. At 40’ of head, the Tri-Star produces 162 gpm and the Northstar produces 157 gpm.

I’d like to replace my single speed motor with a variable speed motor.

I’m pretty sure I have the Hayward Super Flow Pump.  The last motor I replaced is the UST1202 HP2

Can I use the V-Green 2.7 HP Round Flange 56J Variable Speed Motor - ECM27CU

OR is there another model you might recommend?  I would also need a Salt Gasket kit.  I have ordered from you before.

Robert Crismond

Yes, you would replace the single-speed UST1202 with the ECM27CU variable speed motor.

There is not a Hayward model called the Super Flow. There is a Super Pump. If your pump looks like the image below, you have a Hayward Super Pump. The salt gasket kit is GOKIT3SALT.